Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life Learning Center--It's Spring!



Well what have we been doing this month? Looking for signs of spring.

We read a book of nature stories called "The Crooked Little Path" by Thornton Burgess so one day while we were walking Emry said let's look for signs of spring and this is what we found:The birds are at the feeder, weeds are sprouting, people are outside and snow is melting and I will add that I have seen the first 2 wildflowers at the pond and the Canada Geese are back.

We are in the mud season because of all the run off and the fluctuation between snowy weather and sunny weather but never the less we get out to play and ride bikes as often as we can. We can feel the end of the school year approaching and the itch for days at the beach and park. But before our formal learning takes a break we want to finish up our phonics lessons and art book as well as complete our unit study on rainbows and another one on the Velveteen Rabbit.

I have already started to look toward next year. It is my goal to order our supplies before June and put it all away until August. I spent so much of my summer last year on home school research and prep that I strive to do it differently this year and enjoy 2 free months of the outdoors and fun with the wee bunch. Pray it be so.

No comments: