Friday, August 23, 2013

I Took the Day Off!!

 I woke up when the alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. and thought "I need a day off."  You know your in bad shape when the first thought you have upon rising is "I need some rest." It was tough to get through my workout and hard to look forward to a hike with friends when my body and brain were tired.

 I made it through the workout, giving it all I could and then the friends canceled our hiking plan and I thought "today's the day, I'm taking it off."  I don't mean off in the normal since of farming the children out to my husband or leaving the house to go grocery shopping.  What mean is I took the day off from my To Do List.  It dosen't mean I didn't do anything on my list, it just means that the list was not the priority and what a difference it made.  I baked muffins for lunch and brownies for dinner.  I played board games with my children, 3 times.


 I journaled for Project Life. I even read a fun book in the morning and attempted a nap at 10 a.m. I say attempted because when the children are about, a nap is almost impossible. They always need something no matter how many times you say "if the door is closed don't open it unless I am screaming."  I did a bit of homeschool planning. And look, I am even writing a blog post. Taking a day off meant I made myself available to my children, not my list and I did whatever struck my fancy, like the baking and reading instead of running from one to do to another.  I think a day off did me some good.

Why don't you try it?

No comments: