Saturday, May 9, 2009

90 Day Fitness Challenge

My baby is now 7 and 1/2 months old and I have 5 pounds still sticking around so before summer officially get here I would like to comfortably fit into my clothes. So I am as the end of my first week of a 90 day fitness challenge. I did this after Kensley was born and enjoyed the results from Kathy Smith's Project You. This time I am using Chalene Johnson's ChaLEAN Extreme. It is a 5 day a week program focusing on becoming lean through weight training and cardio workouts. I am getting up between 5 and 5:30 A.M. to do this, so I can be finished before the little ones are up.

My eating is usually pretty good but I am focusing on cleaning it up and fueling my body to build lean muscle. Chalene says think like an athlete, train like an athlete and eat like an athlete. I wholeheartedly agree with one exception, I MUST HAVE DESSERT EVERYDAY, if I don't I feel deprived and eventually blow it. So I am going to focus on eating sweets only once a day and not my usual 2 times. What else am I eating? Egg white scrambles, turkey bacon, yogurt, homemade granola, chicken, ground turkey, protein bars, protein smoothies, beans, veggies and fruit.

So join me and by midsummer you can be more fit and attain or be on your way to some of those goals you have been setting.

P.S. - Take a look at the program by watching Chalene's brief video clip.

No comments: