Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Spice Playdough

Perfect for the season. Now I have heard many complaints from moms about playdough messes but our children love it,we always get at least an hour of play-time out of it. This dough was a combination of my favorite recipe and one I found earlier this week. The smell is fabulous and the texture soft. When we cleaned up, I put the dough in the fridge until next time. ENJOY!

1 c. water
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 c. salt
1 Tbs. cream of tartar

Combine these ingredients in a saucepan and heat until warm.
Take the pan off the stove and add:

1 c. flour
1/4 c. cinnamon
1 Tbs. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger

Mix all together and then dump out and kneed until smooth.


My children love to get out placemats and all the playdough tools and create away. A made a dinosaur, E and K used cookie cutters and made Christmas ornaments out of cookie cutters to give to friends.

No comments: