Friday, February 22, 2013

25 Things About Me

I thought it was time for a little mom update, so here goes.

1. I am really starting to crave summer.  The warmth, the lighter clothing, the lighter heart, the sound of children running about outdoors, I am yearning for it all.

2. I'm ready for hubs to be home on the weekends and sit with me in church.

3.  My heart is feeling restless.  For what, I don't know but the feeling is there and I don't like it.

4. I think it might be time to retire my big tea cup (hubs says it's embarrasing).  I want to replace it with something similar in shape but with either white and green or white and goldish polka dots.  Has anyone seen anything like what I am talking about?



5. Pinterest is making me irritated.  I can't pin anything and it is a bit disconcerting on how dependent I have become on the site to hold all of my recipes and ideas.  However, pinning is so much better than all of my previous paper waste.

6.  I want to take this 30 day vegan online class.

7. This ice cream idea looks interesting.  I like both the peanut butter and nutella ideas.

8. We are almost all out of tea, a rarity around here.

9.  I try to hide in my room every afternoon to drink tea, read and be alone.  I just finished reading The Language of Flowers.  It has been one of the best books I have ever read.  It's about attachment, love and fear in relationships all surrounded by the old victorian meanings for flowers.

10.  Hallmark had all of the Love Comes Softly movies on recently and I am slowly working my way through them.  E keeps asking "can I watch them with you?"  but I tell her no because I really just want to be alone (guilt).

11.  We need more snow so I can have more days skiing with my family, away from the house and all of its demands.






12 A's birthday is tomorrow and he is having a party tonight.  Speedracer, pizza and cake are all on the docket.



13.  I just started reading Ezekiel and I am looking at it so far as if I am the prophet and my home is Israel.  I  am finding encouragement through these eyes.  Also, chapter 4 references the food Ezekiel was to eat while lying on his side for 390 days--wheat, barley, beans, lentils, spelt and millet.  I started a new FOOD section in my bible notebook to record all that God's word has to say on the subject.  I also like the diet passage in Daniel 1.

14. I have completed 2 weeks of my version of project life.





15. I'm wanting to order some project life supplies from two peas in a bucket. I like Simple Stories the best.

16. I have been doing a mini reset this week--all fruits and veggies.  It was going great until I was frustrated with A's speedracer cake and helped myself to several bites.  I am so disappointed in myself because I was going to make it until today's party to enjoy some cake and pizza.  But, today is a new day and I'm back on until this evening when I can enjoy some cake and tomato basil pizza (homemade by me of course).


17. There is only 1 of me and 5 others in this house who all want my attention and at times it is very overwhelming.

18.  When I am overwhelmed or paralyzed by life's demands I  pray and "just do the next thing."

19.  I am craving a break, maybe the first week of March when we finish our Character through Literature Unit.

20.  I need to do a bunch of  focused homeschool prep and write next weeks lessons plans.







21. I really like sweet blackberries.

22. The sound of geese honking makes my soul happy.

23. I praise God for his protection and mercy upon my children when I am not there to keep watch.

24. I am really focusing on 1 Corinthians 13 and Ephesians 4:29 for myself and the children.




25. And I want the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit putting my hope in God that 1 Peter 3:4-5 references.

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments: