Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine Card

Here is our final card project. The children and I made this for J and we were very happy with the result. I used 2 lunch bags folded in half and then stapled the binding. I had 2 pockets at that point so I snipped off the ends of 2 of the bags to get 2 more pockets. Then the 3 older children wrote or dictated their messages for Daddy and decorated their cards. I attached a little pretty scrap paper for tabs and we filled the pockets. (I think scrap paper is so handy and I keep a file of my scraps for various uses).


Our cover


An inside page with one of the children's handprints.


Another handprint and a vintage print printed from here. I discoverd this wonderful blog 2 weeks ago and have printed out many things to frame for added touched here and there.


The back cover with B's handprint.

Such a cute keepsake that can be made in so many ways--give it a try!

Scroll down to see the original post and link to the idea for this card with a lot more detailed pictures.

No comments: