Thursday, December 13, 2012

Herb Infused Chickpea Salad from The Karma Chow Ultimate Cookbook

Getting a Christmas tree is always an adventure. From getting our permit, driving the icy fire roads to finding the tree we bring home I never know what to expect.  This year we didn't have a definite day we were going to go tree hunting so when we decided to go on the spur of the moment Monday morning, I was scrambling for lunch.  Instead of the typical cheese, apples and protien bars, common lunch on the go items before our Beach Body Ultimate Reset, I made this:

Herb-Infused Chickpea Salad all ready to go on a Christmas tree hunt.
 This salad is one of many delicious recipes from The Karma Chow Ultimate Cookbook. Karma Chow is a vegan/plant based guide filled with wonderful breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert ideas.  I had heard of Melissa's book and once hubs and I completed Beach Body's Ultimate Reset I was glad to have it for our new way of eating.
So here's the recipe:

mix the following in a bowl:
2 15 oz. can of chickpeas (I make my own in the crockpot)
1/4 c. sliced sundried tomatoes
 1 small red onion (I used green onion instead)
4 garlic cloves
1 celery stalk
1 can artichokes hearts

toss with the the following Herbed Lemon Dressing ( I like to make my dressings in a jar for easy shaking or in the blender.)

2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. chopped rosemary
salt and pepper

Hubs and I liked this salad so much that I have made it twice already.

So you want to see our tree, right?  Oh, but wait, first the children:






 And here is the humongo tree in our tiny little truck:


And now our tree all decorated:

Yes, I know many would say you cannot call that thing a Christmas tree, it's a full blown tree.  As hubs says " we have the space so why not use it."

No comments: