Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Praying For Your Husband

Today's Making Him Challenge is to ask your husband how you can pray for him on a daily basis--this is a daunting task if I do say so myself--everyday? I think we would both be worn out after one week of me asking that question. However, I do think it is important to ask and it lets your man know that you care about him and will be supporting him in prayer. Plus, prayer changes hearts. As we pray for someone our heart, thoughts and actions change toward them in a positive direction. I always ask the Lord to endear my heart toward the little and big people in this home because in the day to day life sometimes our sweet ones are not so dear. Come on, you know what I'm talking about. You know they are not so dear to your heart when they are stressed and don't know it, they make a water mess all over the kitchen floor for the little one to slip on and knock his head, when they are covered in Nutella or when they ask you the same thing for the who knows what number time. I pray that my heart would be softened and moved to serve with a heart guided by the Lord's spirit.



So I haven't yet asked Jay how I can pray for him today but I will. Back in January I came across this very useful tool in praying for Jay. It is a 31 day challenge to pray for your guy. I have prayed the verses several times in the past 6 months and it has helped me cover many overlooked areas in his life and mine. Give it a try. Don't be legalistic about it but use it as a jumping off point for prayers. I printed the list out and it is in my basket but I have carried it on walks and packed it for trips.

Now I am off to investigate a few more treasures on that same sight.

Happy Day!

No comments: