Tuesday, June 23, 2009

90 Day Fitness Challenge--7 weeks

So in case anyone was wondering I am still doing a 90 day fitness challenge. I am having to repeat week 7 because I was sick last week but I am now back at it. I am really enjoying the program I am using called ChaLEAN Extreme. It is a lot of strength training 4 out of 5 days to be exact and a little cardio. I have increased the amount of weight I was using since the beginning and for some exercises I have even doubled it. For example with squats I am now using a 20 pound weight set instead of 10 pounds, so yes I am now squatting with 40 pounds--yeah, maybe by the end I will be using the 25 pound set. As far as the baby weight, it is still here--ugg. So really what's bad about an extra 5 or 6 pounds--I HAVE NO SHORTS THAT FIT! That's what is bad about it. I have actually gained 2 pounds since starting the 90 days but that was to be expected as I am lifting heavier weights. I wanted to be lean by the end of the 90 days but I may have to kiss that thought good-bye until I am done nursing and everything balances out. My eating is going well, I did eat dessert 2 times a day for about a week and a half but now I recommitt to only once a day and a few times even going without. Eating wise, if anything, I need to eat more meals. I am just in a spot in life that I really don't want to take the time to fix a meal to eat, I never thought I would say that but it is to much work. So as a result I usually only have a protien smoothie for lunch instead of a balanced meal. If I could just take the time to prep a lunch and snack in a more balanced way I would probably see a difference but that is what the next 5 weeks are for. It's never to late to "get with the program," start thinking about your own fitness needs and join me!

No comments: